Employees who are very often or always burned out are 63% more likely to take a sick day and 23% more likely to visit the emergency room*. Burnout impacts employee performance, retention, career growth and even family life. It is not inevitable, and it should never be celebrated as part of a so-called “hard-working culture.”
This course addresses the serious implications of burnout caused by stress associated with today’s modern lifestyle and provides a framework and series of tools to help you proactively manage your energy before stress overwhelms you and limit your performance.
What will you learn?
In this interactive, full-day session, you will:
- Stop asking “how does he/she do it all?” and learn how you can “do it all”
- Stop struggling to create work-life balance and re-think your approach to a busy professional life that allows you to have more energy, freedom and enjoyment each day
- Learn a framework and series of tools to help proactively manage your energy before you allow stress to overwhelm you and limit your performance
- Learn how to access your unique wisdom and uncover what you specifically need to feel great versus trying to take recommendations that only seem to work for other people
- Learn how to stop using just time and money to make decisions; there is a third factor we often forget
- Learn how to spot when stress is building that it’s time to re-adjust your strategy
- Have a full toolkit of managing the stress around relationships, decision making, daily habits that can truly help you every day
All attendees will receive a copy of the book “Too Busy to Be Happy”.
Who should take this course:
- All busy professionals who experience stress on a regular basis and as a result would like to access more insights and wisdom to help them perform better
- All leaders (supervisor, manager, director, senior director, VP level, C-suite)
- High potential women repeatedly report significant shifts from this program
- High potential employees who will likely enter a leadership role in the next year
Organizations who care deeply about the wellbeing of their staff often develop a culture of high performance without piling on stress. Leader In Motion can help companies who know that if their people feel good, they will perform better. Call us today to book your session.